The model-like sleek neck looks sexier and pleasing to the eyes. Everything from necklaces to off-shoulder dresses fits great on someone who has a defined collarbone. Yoga not only builds a robust immune system and flexibility but improves your figure and posture too. Having a visible or prominent collarbone is deemed to be one of the most desirable body features. Well, if that’s something you’re looking forward to, there are certain yoga poses that can help you burn neck fat and get that toned chest, shoulders, and collarbone.
Health Shots got in touch with Shilpa Gowder, Yoga Coach, Fittr, who rolled out some easy but effective yoga poses that accentuate the collarbone.
These yoga poses will give you a defined collarbone and toned neck:
Easy Peacock Pose
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart.
- Take a deep breath in and link your fingers together behind your back.
- Breathe out and move your arms away from the back and position your shoulder blades to point at each other. Gently, arch your back.
- Inhale and bend forwards while keeping your back straight and fingers interlogged. Stretch your arms away from your back.
- Hold the position for 10-15 seconds.
- Release, exhale and slowly rise.
- Lie on your stomach.
- Bring your hands towards your shoulders and keep your palms on the ground.
- Breathe in and push up your body to form a straight line. Arms shall be perpendicular to the ground and shoulders are right over your wrists and your body is parallel to the floor.
- Hold the pose for a minute and continue breathing.
- Exhale and slowly come back to a sitting position.
Standing Backward Bend
- Stand straight with arms along the body and feet together, balancing your weight equally on them.
- Take a breath in and extend your arms overhead.
- Exhaling, gently bend backwards. Push your pelvis forward and keep the arms in line with your ears, keeping your elbows and knees straight. Lift your chest towards the ceiling.
- Hold for 30-50 seconds.
- Breathe in and gently pull your body upwards. Bring the arms down and relax.
- Get a dumbbell in each hand and lie down.
- Pull your arms up and position your hands to face each other.
- Slightly bend your elbows and lower your arms to each side to stretch your chest muscles.
- Return to the initial position and repeat.
- To start with bridge pose, lie down on your back and bend your knees.
- Keep your legs and feet parallel and position them hip-apart.
- Move your feet closer to your buttocks and slowly lift your hips.
- Link your hands under your back. Keep your heels firmly on the ground and lift the back of your thighs and the bottom of your buttocks higher.
- Hold for 30-60 seconds.
- Exhale and lower your frame to the ground.
- Pull both shoulders up and hold the position for 10 seconds.
- Push down and exhale, relax to your normal position.
- Repeat 20 times.
- Lie on your back, keep your hands behind hips and fingertips facing towards feet.
- Bend your knees, pushing hands and feet strongly and slowly lift hips.
- Raise your hips, keep glutes firm, arms straightened and legs strong.
- In this position, raise your chest up and slowly go back to the original position.
- Stay in the position for 5 to 6 breaths and repeat 5 times.